با مطالعه سوالات و پاسخ های زیر برای MFC و کار با کلاس ها، تفاوت اندک کار در محیط نسخه های اخیر کامپایلر ++VC نسبت به محیط VC++‎6 مشخص می شود :

Q1: Where is ClassWizard in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A1: In Microsoft Visual Studio version 6.0, ClassWizard allows you to add messages, overrides, and events in addition to classes. Visual Studio .NET and Visual Studio 2005 donot have ClassWizard. Instead, an Add Class dialog box provides some of this functionality. The rest of the Visual Studio 6.0 ClassWizard functionality is provided through the property grid.

Q2: How do I add a class to a project in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A2: Right-click the project name in Solution Explorer, click Add on the shortcut menu, and then click Add Class. In the Add Class dialog box, select the type of class that you want to add, and then click Open
Note In Visual Studio 2005, click Add..

Q3: How do I add a function to a class in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A3: In Class View, right-click the class name to which you want to add the function. Point to Add on the shortcut menu, and then click Add Function. The Add Member Function Wizard starts.

Q4: How do I override a base class method in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A4: To override a base class method, do the following:
If the Properties window is displayed, select the class in Class View. In the Properties window toolbar, click Overrides. Select the method that you want to override.

If the Properties window is not displayed, click Properties Window on the View menu. Or, select and right-click the class, and then click Properties.

Q5: How do I add a message handler in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A5: In the Properties window toolbar, click the Messages button and then select the message for which you want to add a handler. From the drop-down list box, select AddMessageHandler to add the message handler selected.

Q6: How do I add an event handler in Visual Studio .NET and in Visual Studio 2005?

A6: In the Properties window toolbar, click the Events button. Click the plus sign (+) to expand the object for which you want to add an event handler. Select the desired event, and then from the drop-down list box, select Add event.